Doing Business in America

Rental Property in America?

The Management Company looking after your rental property is required by the IRS to withhold 30% of your rental income. You will need to lodge a US tax return with the IRS to get your refund.

Author Selling Books on Amazon?

The IRS has ordered Amazon to withhold 30% of your Royalties. How do you get your money back from the IRS? Two choices: 1) You can file a tax return to claim your refund 2) You can complete a form for Amazon to get more of your royalties upfront.

Facing FIRPTA?

As a Foreign person (entity) selling Real Estate in the US, the Buyer is required to withholding 10% of the Selling Price, unless an exception can be found or a Withholding Certificate is applied for from the IRS.